September 25, 2016

a garden stroll






The weather is finally starting to cool in the DC area. Crisp breezes great me as I leave my apartment in the morning. Pumpkins and gourds of all shapes and sizes have made their way to the farmer's markets. And, when taking a walk, I am beginning to hear the satisfying sound of leaves crunching on the pavement.

Needless to say, the changing of the seasons (at least the very first few days of it) has been delightful. I decided to take a garden walk around the Hillwood Estate to enjoy the new chill in the air. This somewhat secluded estate felt as though it was tucked into the mountains, far away from any city. What a treat. Plus, they have a hilarious and wonderful whimsical exhibit opening soon...the first photo gives you a glimpse.

Are you feeling the changes of the seasons wherever you live? What are you doing to celebrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment