December 11, 2015

love letters


For the past few weeks I've been working on a project for my art class that I'm excited to share with you today. The world's been feeling a bit heavy lately what with recent global and national events, and in light of this, I wanted to spread a little love and cheer. To do this, I decided to write simple love letters to hide around campus. I loved the idea of passersby finding a little note to remind them that they're loved and that we're in this together.

I made handmade, sun-printed cards using a collection of flowers and foliage I found at a local flower market. I then stamped a friendly little message on each card and envelope. You can find the stamps I used here. After the cards were ready to go, I meandered around campus, tucking them in unexpected and not-so-unexpected places. Keep scrolling, if you'd like see more...



Lots of loooove.


Carefully tucking away the prints.



Perched on a windowsill outside a classroom. 


Can you spot the note below?


On a bench with a view of the pond. 


I've been checking the spots where I left these little guys to see if anyone has found them yet. So far, a few of them have been picked up! I hope they made each person's day a little brighter.

Have a great weekend, friends.

xo,
A

3 comments:

  1. Great idea Anna! I adore when people do this, leaving little love notes in unexpected places for someone to find on an average day.

    I hope you don't mind, but I wanted to be notified of your newest posts, so I added your blog to Bloglovin': https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/everyday-musings-14597329

    If you'd like to claim your blog, you can do so and create a Bloglovin' account. I like what I've read so far - short and sweet - and I look forward to future posts!

    Aimee
    www.intherightplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Aimee! That means a lot. I've claimed the blog on Bloglovin' and also changed the url to everydaymusingsbyanna.blogspot.com, so be sure you're following the right one! I've followed your blog too. :)

      xx
      A

      Delete