December 14, 2015

grey days


For those of us living in the northeast, or otherwise frosty places, the grey days of winter have begun. The fog and drizzle have been constant and thick for the past few days in Western Mass. As a Florida girl who's used to abundant sunshine, these type of days make me feel sluggish, and by 4p.m. I'm ready to curl up in bed and call it a day. To make the days a little more cozy and a little less dreary, I've developed a few strategies.

1. Curling up under my covers with a pager-turner at the end of a long day. I'm currently reading this and loving it.

2. Drinking a warm cup of tea.

3. Exercise of any kind, for even just 20 minutes to give me a boost of energy. Bonus points if I take a jog or a long walk outside for some fresh air.

5. Getting out of the house, even just to run an errand or grab a tea at a nearby cafe.

4. Baking cookies to brighten my mood and satisfy my sugar cravings. Baking is just about the coziest thing you can do this time of year, besides cuddling up with a blanket and eating said baked goods, of course.

What about you? What do you do to stay cheerful on the greyest of days?

xo,
A

(image)


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on a couple of those - definitely the page turner and the exercise. We've been having a lot of gray days here as well, and music has been a big mood booster for me.

    Aimee
    www.intherightplaces.com

    ReplyDelete